Friday, April 5, 2013

44 Years Ago My Imagination was launched into space

I was six years old, and it is the FIRST movie I truly remember seeing, opened in April of 1968. After doing some quick math in my head a realization occurred how I would be an adult in 2001... possibly visiting a space station, and exploring a moon base.

The reality hit me in 2001 while driving an 18 wheeled truck cross country and showering in truck stops, the closest I was going to get to space was listening to satellite radio. I was using satellite technology for GPS, and listening to stories of alien influence on the world on Coast to Coast radio with Art Bell.

Visualizing our place in the universe is still an exercise in imagination... every once in a while we get some help. A new Google Chrome Experiment called 100,000 Stars might help. While on the Arizona Highways, we get to spend a lot of time looking at the stars.

Staring into the Grand Canyon everyday makes me feel insignificant. This experiment from Google just adds to my feelings of insignificance.




No comments:

Post a Comment